Wednesday 18 March 2015

Ups and downs

It's been a week of contrasts so far.

Firstly, I was in a car crash, so that's not so good - plenty of sticky pain gel and some happy pills for me over the next week or so.

Then I got delivery of a shed load of pigeon, partridge and pheasant:



So yay! Freshly shot (this week) and swap-shopped for some red wine, courtesy of a very good friend (and her dad) of Mrs P.  Sorting through them I saw various thighs, breasts from both types of bird as well as a jointed hen. I can't decide to go pie'd, roasted or grilled; the options are open and very exciting! 

Certainly having a personal connection to a decent shoot is something that I cannot afford to lose touch with. I wasn't sure whether to expect jointed, cleaned, butchered birds or just the whole thing complete with feathers - so I was prepared for anything. These little bags of joy were a pleasant surprise then and I can't really continue to take advantage of such a connection without giving a little back, I suspect a dinner party is in the offing...

No comments:

Post a Comment