Saturday 9 May 2015

The Milton Keynes Food Awards - Pre-ceremony excitement

Look what came through my post-box today!




I don't think I've ever been considered a VIP so I can assure you that this is, quite possibly, the most exciting thing that's happened to me since I discovered you can use butter for more than just cooking!

Here we are on the eve of the prestigious occasion and I have to say that I am very excited, not just for the evening itself, although having never dined at the Woburn Sculpture Gallery I am looking forward to that a lot, but also to mix and mingle with the culinary creme of Milton Keynes; from restauranteur to blogger and back again, a room full of the passion behind the service is something not to be missed. 

So, People of the world*, here is my promise to you: Not only will I don my tuxedo and red braces with pride, chat with those seated not only to the left of me but also the right, I will finally document as many interesting/ludicrous goings-on as I possibly can. I will attempt to bring you the blow by blow, or plate by plate happenings as we progress through the evening. There will be starters and I dare say, there might even be a few puddings going on but when things get really tough, I will think of you all and push through that cheese-board wall.

Stomach prepare yourself, for tomorrow we go into battle!!



*In addition to my amusingly against-the-odds growing audience, I've been noticing some dodgy Russian/Chinese spammers tracking my pages recently, I'm still not sure what possible benefit they may gain from it though, so why not take advantage?

No comments:

Post a Comment