Thursday 24 October 2013

Eurostar - Premium Economy

Premium Economy. Sounds a bit like Scented Turd, doesn't it. A great excuse to charge an additional hundred quid for better seats and a decent snack. Well, I was tempted to pony up and I was glad I did. Travelling to Brussels has limited options and after several internet based comparisons, the Eurostar came out tops and I even managed to persuade the boss to spring for Not-quite-business class-but-a-bit-better-than-standard class.

While breakfast didn't get a picture as I wasn't really compos mentis until 8am, the evening snack got caught as below.



All in all, it wouldn't be anything to write home (or blog?) about, was it not for the contrast with non-scented turd, or the alternative; Easyjet, class. As it is though, the snack is adequate in size and contains some lovely details; the chocolate malteezer thing, the choice of beer (and) or wine, a little pud as well as an additional bread roll (with the choice of seeded or non, no less). The quality of the food is OK if not significantly better than UK public transportation standards and I shall look forward to measuring it up against any other examples I come across.

No comments:

Post a Comment