Thursday 11 April 2013

What's this? Grape flavoured Fanta? Do I look American to you?


Mrs P. and I recently needed a quick protein fix and wandered through the doors of a well known example of disgraceful Capitalist consumption. And boy was I glad we did. We'll ignore the food on this occasion (you know what a mass produced apparently 'flame grilled' frozen burger tastes like) and move swiftly on to the exciting bit.



Take a look. Interesting right? We took our empty cups and wandered over. Self service drink machines are nothing new but this... this looks like the bloody replicator on the 'effing Starship Enterprise!!



Choose from one of the major names in the Coca Cola stable but that's where the fun really starts. Lime Coke anyone? Raspberry Lemonade? Yes frickin' please!



Look at those options! Until now, there is very little that could get me excited about a glass of Coke but I can only hope that this gets rolled out across the land because this is the future folks, believe it.



I battled through the sugar rush to try as many as possible but even I was beaten in the end. Some of the combinations were great, Peach Sprite or Vanilla Coke. However, I'm on the look out for one closer to home so I can get some serious testing in. 

If anyone of you can get to Guildford while the test is running, I recommend that you check it out. it's a whole lot of fun!

UPDATE:

It seems I'll probably not uncover another one, but I did find this...

http://eatoutmagazine.co.uk/coca-cola-trials-self-serve-drinks-machines-burger-king-restaurants


No comments:

Post a Comment